What is honeycomb paper
Honeycomb paper is made of kraft paper to form a regular hexagonal structure. It is made according to the principle of honeycomb structure in nature. It connects corrugated base paper into numerous hollow three-dimensional regular hexagons by adhesive bonding to form a whole stress-bearing part - paper core , and a new type of environmentally friendly and energy-saving material with sandwich structure, which is formed by bonding face paper on both sides.
The main features of honeycomb cardboard are:
(1) Light weight, less material and low cost. Compared with other various board structures, the honeycomb sandwich structure has the largest strength/mass ratio, so the performance/price ratio of its finished products is good, which is the key to the success of honeycomb paperboard.
(2) High strength, smooth surface, not easy to deform. The honeycomb sandwich structure is approximately isotropic, has good structural stability, and is not easily deformed. Its outstanding compressive resistance and bending resistance are the most important characteristics required by box packaging materials.
(3) Good impact resistance and cushioning. Honeycomb paperboard is made of flexible paper core and face paper, which has good toughness and resilience. The unique honeycomb sandwich structure provides excellent cushioning performance and has higher energy absorption per unit volume among all cushioning materials. , The high-thickness honeycomb cardboard can replace the EPS plastic foam cushioning pad that has been widely used.
(4) Sound absorption and heat insulation. The interior of the honeycomb sandwich structure is a closed cell, which is filled with air, so it has good sound insulation and heat preservation performance.
(5) No pollution, in line with modern environmental protection trends. Honeycomb cardboard is all made of recyclable paper, which can be 100% recycled after use.